Grieving Forward: Death Happened, Now What?
A Practical Guide for Healing & Understanding the Grief Process
by Cathy Clough & Linda Pouliot
We have helped thousands of people to effectively navigate their personal healing journey. We want you to know that healing is possible for you, too. And it doesn’t matter how recent or how long ago the death(s) occurred. Healing is possible. How does healing happen? By learning about what grief is, what grief does and how healing happens. Said another way, what’s normal for grieving and healing. Which is what we share in this book. This information will equip you to navigate your personal healing journey successfully and to return to a place of wholeness and normal functioning once again.
When Cathy and I were widowed years ago, we both discovered that we didn’t know what we didn’t know about grief. The result was that we both had to figure everything out by ourselves. And, because of this, we both ended up learning a lot of things the hard way. We don’t want you to end up in the same boat. In fact, you are the reason we wrote this book. We wrote this book so that you have the information that you need for healing at your fingertips.
The information in this book is based on each of our personal experiences with the death of our loved ones, our personal experiences with learning how to heal, our research, and our work at New Hope Center For Grief Support.
Together we explore:
- The 5 needs of every griever.
- How to deal with normal grief guilt, normal grief anger, normal grief depression and the “dumb” things people say.
- Sorting, saving and purging your loved one’s belongings without regret.
- The importance of having a plan for holiday’s, special days and the anniversary of the death.
- What it means to create a “New Normal.”
- How to navigate the path of grief with all of its pitfalls and potholes, twists and turns, all the way to the destination of healing, acceptance and new beginnings.
This book is also beneficial for use in grief support groups, pastoral care, hospice, funeral home client care package… Every griever needs information and hope for healing.